Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Canadian National Exhibition


To go or not to go? That is the question. Every year I go to the Ex and spend way too much money playing games, riding rides, shopping and of course eating. Once the day is over I feel so disappointed with the experience, maybe I'm being too picky but I never enjoy it fully as I once did. I remember the Skyride, The Flyer the free loot from the food building and long for my childhood. Some may say that I just need to let go and enjoy but even my niece and nephew who are at the age I remember enjoying the Ex the most don't have that same sparkle in their eyes when they go. I think the taking them is more for us rather than them. I remember not being able to sleep the night before because I couldn't contain my excitement in going. My brothers and I would sit up for most of the night planning our day out. With all this said every year my nostalgia gets the best of me and I return to the grounds of the Ex to the inevitable disappointment but yet every year I am drawn back by memories and curiosity. If anyone is going, try and have a great time and I'll see you there!!!

No comments: